After initial rescue and ongoing immediate relief to those unreached, CTC's next focus in on REHABILITATION of some of the little hamlets near Cuddalore and small villages in Chennai City's outskirts which have been badly impacted by recent cyclones. A few examples from our volunteers on the ground:
- Villianaloor – 275 families - 25 badly affected 20 houses were partial or fully damaged.
- Ramanatha kuppam – 200 families - 20 houses were partial or fully damaged.
- Chithalapadi – 250 families - Very badly affected (damage being assessed)
- Athipetu - 300 families badly affected (damage being assessed)
- Gopalapuram – 300 families – badly affected (damage being assessed)
If some individuals or organizations are willing to adopt a hamlet or poor village either through volunteering or funding to rebuild damaged huts please contact me. CTC & EFI can provide local guidance, coordination and volunteers. We are visiting these and other impacted hamlets tomorrow to assess rehabilitation needs in order to finalize a concrete plan which we will share with interested parties. Once we start executing we will keep all interested CTC volunteers in the loop to participate in the rebuilding process.
Satellite data from the JAXA (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency) compiled by the International Water Management Institute (IWMI) showing the flood impact around Cuddalore:
(blue highlighted areas are flooded)