It looks like Chennai is getting ready to cleanup her entire coast line and reclaim her beaches.
Mission CCC3 has gone viral - 3000+ volunteers signed up till now!
Come Feb 5, time for each one of us to stand up and be counted - for our city, for our beach, Sign up now
Important Update - the Chennai Mayor Saidai Duraisamy will inaugurate our coastal cleanup at Besant Nagar beach at 6am on Sunday.
We currently have a staggering 54 groups participating including 6 colleges, 15 companies, 11 CTC teams, 3 non-profits, 4 homes, 3 schools and 12 villages.
Each group category is contributing in significant numbers to the total strength -
The 54 participating groups will be distributed across13 beach zones over the entire Chennai coastal line covering 15km from Marina till Injambakkam
Individual groups have been mapped to their respective beach zones below. Assembly point, timing and CTC coordinator are indicated -
We are using 100% bio-degradable garbage bags from BioTec. Read more about the technology over here.
Awareness - Media Update
Radio Partner: Big FM
Online Partner: Chennai Online
Read, Listen or Watch for stories on CCC3 in these media outlets this week: Big FM (radio), Chennai Online (internet), Hindu, Deccan Chronicle, Indian Express, Annanagar Times, Harrington Post, NDTV Hindu
On the day of the event, look out for these confirmed media groups at the site besides the above media groups: Times of India, Dinamalar, Headlines Today, NewsX, NDTV, Puthiyathalamarai
Here is the list of the numerous souls who make the entire operation possible through their generous donations.
The following individuals / organizations have contributed towards the event:
1. Mr. Suresh Kumar from Trichy, having done his BS Engg. Technology from BITS, Pilani. Has been for the past twelve years working in Gulf (Kuwait, Qatar, Abu Dhabi) as Designer (Instrumentation Dept.) for Design Consultant firm – MNC (Oil & Gas industry) has sponsored Rs. 12,000/-. He is the founder and active committee member for Charity Organization “Dew Drops” with the objective of providing educational assistance for poor students. For more details refer links http://dewdrops-uae.
blogspot.com/ and http:// sites.google.com/site/ dewdropsuae/;
2. Mr. Shankker of Biotecbags [http://www.biotecbags.com/] h
as contributed Rs. 11,000 worth bio-tech bags for garbage collection;
3. Mr. Earnest Paul Annamalai University Engineering & Technology Alumni Association has contributed Rs. 10,000/-
4. Mr. Prabhakar and his friends have contributed Rs. 10,000/-;
5. Mr. Venkat from Digital Network has contributed Rs. 7,500/- for posters and banners;
6. VIVID Infotech has agreed to contribute Rs. 3000/-;
7. Mr. Satish Swaminathan who runs a non-government organization by the name "Etena Trust' has contributed Rs. 2,000/-;
8. Mr. Nanda Gopal, who is an alumni of Annamalai University Engineering & Technology has contributed Rs. 2,000/-;
9. Mr. Siva Kumar Doraiswamy has contributed Rs. 2,000/-;
10. Mr. Sanjay Mullasseri, former Tamil Nadu Ranji trophy cricketer from 1988 - 96 (Wicket-keeper) and currently fielding coach of Tamil Nadu Ranji team & TNCA Cricket Academy has contributed Rs. 1,000/-;
11. Mrs. Sathya Natarajan,
who has involved in earlier CTC beach cleaning activities and who was part of few social treks has contributed Rs. 1,000/-;
12. Ms. Asha Kranthi has contributed Rs. 1,000/-;
13. Mr. N. Devarajan MD, TBN Roadways, Tiruvannamalai has contributed Rs. 1,000/-;
14. Mr. Kumar Narayanan MD, Texcel International, Chennai has contributed Rs. 1,000/-;
15. Mr. Babu has contributed Rs. 500/-;
16. Mr. Ralph Rakesh has contributed Rs. 500/-;
Goodies to Volunteers:To encourage the volunteers following companies have come forward to sponsor Caps:
1. Mindtree [http://mindtree.com/] will be sponsoring 800 caps to the volunteers who are involved in the coastal clean-up event
2. Logica [http://www.logica.com/] will be sponsoring 600 caps to the volunteers who are involved in the Coastal clean-up
As we have insufficient caps for all volunteers, first preference will be given to homes, colleges, students and non-profit groups.
The following companies/individuals have agreed to contribute towards the event:
1. Ramco Social Service League part of Madras Cements Ltd. has agreed to contribute Rs. 10,000/-;
2. Dover India Private Limited has agreed to contribute Rs. 10,000/-;
3. Cognizant Technology Solutions has agreed to contribute Rs. 8,000/-;
4. HCL Technologies has agreed to contribute Rs. 8,000/-;
5. Mr. Thomas who runs Creative Eco products has agreed to contribute towards garbage bags.
6. Mr. Suresh Ramaswami has agreed to contribute Rs. 2,000/-.
Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails